Student Visa (subclass 500)

In order to apply to an Australian student visa, you must be enrolled into a registered education provider for a course duration of minimum 3 months. This visa type allows you to study, work limited hours and to enter/exit the country multiple times during your holiday periods throughout the duration of the visa. You must keep a satisfactory academic progress and attendance of no less than 80%. Once the end of your visa is near, you may apply to a subsequent student visa from Australia.

If you have a partner or dependent children who wish to accompany you during your studies in Australia, they can be added to the same visa application as your dependents. Dependent partners would also enjoy limited working rights.

Visitors Visa (Subclass 600)

The application for this visa is online and can be applied for a duration of 1 year with multiple entries of maximum stay of 3 months from each entry. To apply to this visa you will need to show proof of a stable job, funds in your bank account and/or own property. We recommend applying at least 2 months in advance from your intended travelling date. This visa will allow you to enter and exit Australia as many times as you want during the granted period to visit friends and/or travel the country, but it doesn’t grant any working rights.

If you are an EU/ Canada or US passport holder, you can apply to other visitor visas such as ETA subclass 601 or e-Visitor subclass 651 at a lower cost and faster processing times.

Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)

This visa allows to live and work in Australia from 18 to 48 months. There are 2 categories:

1) Post Study Work Stream:this category applies to international students who have completed a course (bachelor or master degree) of at least 2 years of duration in an Australian education provider.

2) Graduate Work Stream: This visa is for international students who have recently graduated with skills and qualifications that are relevant to specific occupations in Australia needs (i.e. Certificate III in most trades)

Partner Visa (Subclass 820/801)

If you are:

– married or
– in a registered relationship or
– in a the facto relationship for a minimum of 12 months,
with an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may apply to this visa and stay permanently in Australia.

Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)

It is a points tested permanent visa to Australia where at least one family member has the skills matching current skills in demand. Points are allocated for several factors such as: age, level of English, years of experience in a nominated occupation, etc. An applicant and his family members must also pass both a character and a medical test. The occupations on the demand list are changing every 12 months, so it is important to be well informed with the latest updates.

Work & Holiday (Subclass 462)

This visa allows the holder to live and work full time in Australia for 1 year, with a maximum of 6 months with any given employer. Not every country is eligible for this visa and availability is limited each year (quota differs depending on the country). In order to apply you must be between 18 and not yet 31 years of age, show proof of higher education studies, and have a functional level of English (IELTS 4.5). This visa also gives the opportunity to study for a maximum of 4 months, which many use to improve their existing level of English and thus maximise their work opportunities. You may consider this visa if you are from Czech Republic, Slovakia, Spain, Poland, Portugal, Malaysia, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Peru, Indonesia, China, Slovenia (see full list of eligible countries here) and comply with all its requisites.

*Do not confuse this visa with Working Holiday subclass 417, which applies to different countries.


What visa options apply to you?

AustraliaOnline is a privately owned company operating under ABN 59097793863